Thus says YHVH "Stand in the old ways, the ancient paths and see and ask where the good way is and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls."-Jeremiah 6:16

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

v'Dodi Li



Scrabbling for you
In the dust
The dirt under my nails
The scrape of shifting pebbles
Solid
Falling away as quickly as I perceive them
Looking for the Light
Yet here I am
In the coolness
The darkness
Of the earth
I have to laugh
How have you intoxicated me so?
Just near enough to drive me mad
With greater longing
I would not
Cannot give you up

I tremble
I whine
I groan
in desperation
And then a spark, a flash,
You shine there, just there in my periphery,
So close that
I shake my fist in confidence
And dance in exaltation
I trace your footprint on the path
And then fall back bewildered and lonely
Straining to find the direction of Your Voice
But echoes bounce and it is hard to tell
I move forward inexorably though
This heavy search, the longing is enough sometimes
Because it reminds me
How could I desire you this much
If you were never there?

My tears fall like sparkling diamonds
Will they  make a worthy diadem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!