Thus says YHVH "Stand in the old ways, the ancient paths and see and ask where the good way is and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls."-Jeremiah 6:16

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Clear

His Hand on my heart
Rubs away guilt
like so many smudgy fingerprints
on window glass

I stand under the leaves now
the light in them
So impossible-
Autumn makes the whole world
A stained glass cathedral

Days like these
I stand so still
Slowly and steadily
I drink and drink this beauty
And the story under my skin
streams out of my wide-open eyes
in tears

Who could know
better than I?
is there one who could accurately tell
what this love is like?

I am an exploded star
come back together
Spun into orbit
intensely captured and
teetering, drunkenly wobbling
Wailing my loneliness into the darkest corners
But it isn't my echo I hear bouncing back
It is the voice of the Friend

If I am never good,
May I be clear
And let me be loved...

In this lucid sanctuary
Every breeze through every leaf whispers
You are, you are.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!