Thus says YHVH "Stand in the old ways, the ancient paths and see and ask where the good way is and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls."-Jeremiah 6:16

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We Be Slingin'






I am an attachment style parent (here's a link explaining a bit about just what that means:http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/attachment-parenting/what-ap-7-baby-bs) and a big part of that is babywearing. I have been wearing my baby boy all his young life, and I LOVE it! So many reasons why, here are a few: 1)When he was a newborn it kept him close and gave my arms a rest. He would fall asleep in it as I went about doing chores. We both felt comfortable and secure because we were always close. 2) It makes getting in and out of the house much easier, no cumbersome carseats to lug about; I just slip him in my carrier and then my hands are free to grab grocery bags, lock the door, etc. 3) Eliminates the hassle of navigating small or tricky spaces with a stroller. We have enjoyed many walks through the woods and strolled through many a packed boutique without the frustration of the stroller jamming things up. 4) Babies bring joy and when they are chest height in a carrier, they are in eye range of many people instead of down low in a stroller and this helps baby be social as everyone loves to stop and talk to and smile at a baby!


I have used several styles of carriers, Ergo, Baby Bjorn, Mei Tei. My favorite one, the one I resort to time after time and use the most is my Sling EZE ring sling. I LOVE it and so does my babe. It is comfortable, versatile and oh so easy to use. Some days, it is the only way I get anything done! I recommend them over any other style. Check out my good friend Lorri's site, Lolo's Bow-tique. http://www.lolosbowtique.com/ She has several styles of Sling Eze slings as well as many other earth and baby friendly items. I am sure you will find something you just have to have! I couldn't be happier with mine!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!