Thus says YHVH "Stand in the old ways, the ancient paths and see and ask where the good way is and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls."-Jeremiah 6:16

Friday, February 24, 2012

Bear Good Fruit

I love life and I am pro-life and will stand with anybody and proclaim that message and hold out hope.  Joined in with 40 Days for Life, a movement started by the Catholic church and committed to coming out this morning to pray in front of the abortion mills in my town.  I got there at 9am, me and Cub.  We were there for about an hour.  I prayed, with others there, for a couple as they pulled in before the mill opened.  The woman never lifted her head.  Her boyfriend sits in the driver's side coolly smoking a cigarette, smoke and rock music drift from his slightly rolled down window.  Shortly after they arrive, a family with another group, Cities for Life arrives.  The mother sets up her loud speaker and in the sweetest, clearest, most loving and truthful words, pleads with the mother to change her mind.  15-20 minutes go by.  The mill opens.  The couple get out of their car and go inside.  Once, the mama looks over to us...then walks through the door her boyfriend holds open for her, into the place her baby is scheduled to die.  Minutes later her boyfriend walks out.  Leaving her there, he gets into his car and as he speeds out of the parking lot he yells "GOD DOESN'T EXIST."

My heart brims with tears that somehow won't fall from my eyes as I watch a mother and father taking their young daughter into the clinic.  Her child...their grandchild...dying for inconvenience or embarrassment or the hope of a career...young girls literally bounding like colts as if this is a game and they are at play; older women stone faced and stone hearted, walking determinedly to offer up their children to death.  They do not seem to know that this freezing, this hardness, will not just leave them...not even after it is done; men passive and uncaring as their sons and daughters are ripped from the bodies of the women they claim to love...it is such madness.

A car is coming, slows before it reaches the driveway as the same mother on the loud speaker walks over to ask the mama driving if she will take a minute to talk before going in.  I go around to the passenger side.  the young lady in the seat tells me she is here to support her sister.  "We are Christians.  We prayed, but we don't know what to do."  I tell her about my experience.  "Your sister is already a mama.  The only choices for her now are to have her baby and raise it, to have her baby and give it up or to kill her child today.  Whatever her choice, she will live with it for the rest of her life.  This will not just make it 'go away'.  And the baby she is carrying, that is not just her baby that she will kill.  That is your niece or nephew.  Your father's grandchild...I know how she feels right now.  Here's my number.  Don't do this.  I'm praying for you.  If you do go in, there is hope and healing after,  but I hope you don't need it."  They drive on into the parking lot.  They sit there for a long time.  Then the doors open and they go in.  My heart sinks...but I know there is always hope.  I keep praying.  We all do.  An hour later she comes out.  Smiling and waving at the "religious nutbags" on the sidewalk, bouncing for joy in her seat.  SHE CHOSE LIFE!

A tree is known by its fruit.  I have never seen a mother leaving the mill with joy after an abortion.  There is no joy in death.  The mamas and dads that choose life experience the relief that comes when a decision is made as well as the joy of knowing they have chosen the good.  Right action comes from right belief.   Love life, protect life, CHOOSE LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!