Thus says YHVH "Stand in the old ways, the ancient paths and see and ask where the good way is and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls."-Jeremiah 6:16

Monday, February 7, 2011

In the Middle of Winter


It has been a long and unusually harsh winter for North Carolina. February is usually the hardest around these parts, but we've already seen two good snows and it makes me wonder, here in the middle of the season, what the rest of it will hold. I have to say, I think I was made for winter. Bare branches, grey skies, brisk air, inky blue star-lit nights, whistling tea kettles, layers of clothing...these things make me feel like myself. I feel like I belong when the air is cold and clean and the world is a little more still. That said, I will appreciate spring when she comes. Like I said this has been a hard winter (by our standards. Please don't shake you head at me if you've spent your whole life in the upper mid-west!) and so when the soft bits of spring start pushing up from the sleepy earth, it will be good and I will be glad. 'Til then, I'll be staying warm and browsing this site: http://www.heirloomseeds.com/history.htm for my seed wish list. I have a dream to start a garden very soon...

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!