Thus says YHVH "Stand in the old ways, the ancient paths and see and ask where the good way is and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls."-Jeremiah 6:16

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Today is No Time for Yesterday...

The late winter sun bathes your face and casts rainbows in your hair. The dimples on your little hands wink at me as you go from interest to interest gobbling up textures and experiences. Everything is so new to you. I have never really been one to look back. Living in gratitude and wonder leaves little time for nostalgia. I am glad. I have had my childhood. My days of sun on youthful limbs and wild hair and eager adventures. I am still young, but I am old enough to enjoy watching you as you explore. Old enough to know what to help you avoid. Old enough to wait and not run, to give and not take, to smile with every sigh. I am not a child at play anymore. Today I am a mother.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!