Thus says YHVH "Stand in the old ways, the ancient paths and see and ask where the good way is and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls."-Jeremiah 6:16

Thursday, July 7, 2011

More Than Streets of Gold





the more i get my hands in the dirt
the more i find and understand and know
that really it is me
i am the one
who is growing
pushing up higher
stretching for the Son of Your Love

my roots go deeper, seeking that which is essential
hidden in the dark it seems
i am clearing away to find what is
simple
this simple thing
this
thing
this...realness
that i draw up, like water from
the black earth,
flows from me in sweat and in tears
this work is pure
and right
but even as the green shoots have come up
even as leaves and tendrils and blooms unfurl
i know the earth is turning away
i know that all the vibrancy
will fade to brown and grey
what i need most still seems to elude me...

i want all the weeds cleared away
i want to know the nature and taste of the fruit of my life
i want to lay hold of You
and pass You out
in spilling handfuls
unfading
everlasting
real
this is what i want
more than anything
You here
my hands Yours
turning and giving
the abundance of forever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!