Thus says YHVH "Stand in the old ways, the ancient paths and see and ask where the good way is and walk in it; and you shall find rest for your souls."-Jeremiah 6:16

Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Unfurnished"



Starting my garden this year has taught me several important lessons, one of them being to make a plan and get started on it early. So, here, in the middle of July, I am trying to work out a plan for making Cub a quilt. I wanted to use some of his baby clothes, my worn nursing and pregnancy clothes and other such nostalgic fabrics. It is pretty ambitious for me...but another thing I have learned from gardening is that difficulty or inexperience are not always good reasons to not DIVE RIGHT IN! So, I have looked at several styles and patterns and I think I've settled on the one above. It is called "Unfurnished" and was designed by Ashley Williamson of Film in the Fridge for Robert Kaufman Fabrics. I love it! It is so lively and geometric. It is everything I think a quilt should be yet there's nothing, hmmm, grandma, about it (no offense Nana). And I think it will grow with Cub. What do you think? Where my quilters at? I am gonna' need some advice, I am sure! Check out more ideas here: http://www.robertkaufman.com/quilting/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!